Thursday, August 8, 2013

To blog, or not to blog

To blog, or not to blog, what does it matter?  Is anyone out there reading this blather? 

The other day, my girlfriend asked me what I blogged about.  Why she doesn't just read them, I don't know.  Perhaps, nobody reads these world-wide thoughts of mine.  Doesn't matter to me.  I don't  write blogs with the intention of appeasing readers.  I just like to vent about stupid crap.  But, not things as frivolous as:  Josh found a Pepsi-clear.  How nostalgic! :)  I just blog about whatever I want.  But I keep three things in mind:  1.) Is there a point to my blog?  2.)  Would someone be entertained by my post?  Number 3 is tricky.  Some might presume that #3 is:  Does this make people want to return to my blog?  Not me.  Even if you're insightful, intelligent, and can string a sentence together, I don't care if you're making a sandwich, or tweeting your inner-most-personal thoughts while pondering the workings of the universe from atop your porcelain throne.  I'm sorry, but I don't.  Nor, do I care what people think of my blogs.  I'll post what I want.  But, still, number 3 is elemental, subconscious; something you can take with you:  3.)  Does this make you think?

Well, I certainly hope it has.  People, please be mindful and respectful on your blogs.  You may think your mundane actions trite; uneventful.  You may even think no one is reading.

But, remember, the universe is always listening, and never forgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment