Saturday, August 31, 2013

Juxtaposed, and torn asunder

Juxtaposed, and torn asunder
Meticulously, I wormed onward
Slogging forth, advancing nowhere
Through the desiccate abyss
Loitering
Idled here

Shrug, gasp, sigh
Another doorway

"Fuck this shit, my path is North-ways!"
Yet, against my will
my feet turned South
Still dwelling here
Brooding doubts

Egotism, mysticism
In the gloom
The one-true vision
Lateralized before mine eyes

Hark, Lo!
Bundle up, dear childer
I feel another bitter winter
Curdling within my bones
The carillon's requiem
Long-lost tomes
Extrapolate the yearning soul

Yet, another verbose excuse

Just live your life

Time will soothe

But still, we can't let go of those grudges
Slanders, slights, and up-and-comers
Challengers who beat us down
Put up your dukes
I'm older now

The phantasmagoria dissolves before me
Like frayed and fractured pictures of my youth

Yet the reveries stripped from mine eyes

Such relief, such privilege
Such dissolute

All fades to ubiquitous blackness
I slink into my cell
Death was once a doorway
The reality is Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment