Wednesday, August 7, 2013

So much, so little

So much, so little
Such drab, and such drivel
We contort to the clock
Lest we like it or not

The hours tick by
As seasons do dry
Death and division
What's nuclear fission?

Compression, convex
molting, complex
Chrysalis analysis
Regulated dialysis

On box, and on fox
Take your cootie-shot
In car or on plane
Succumb to your veins

What is this that stand before me?
Hark, it just a crooked doorway

Such tidings, and giggles
coquettish, belittled
Death improvised
And yet, some survive

The hours plod on
Devoid of the dawn
Maledictions inscribed
Fatuitous jive

Compressed and repulsed
Hypodermic remorse
Chrysanthemum-gigantism
Esoteric retorts

What is this that looms before me?
Hark, it just another doorway

So much, so little
Sadistic, enabled
Death circumscribed
Morally deprived

Lo!  Hark!

And I lurk inside
In my mew, I do hide

Come and search for me
I dwell just beyond the archway

Beyond the blue
And in the pale
Don't linger here
This is Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment