Friday, August 30, 2013

Depressed

Depressed here
Slinking low
As a scolded child

My dove says
She doesn't care
What I need or want

Brooding here
Stewing here
In miasmic air
It's a wonder
I've not choke to death

The garrote clinches around my neck
Dead-man walking here
I fell as low as bed-bugs
Beneath the furniture

What does love want?
I don't know
And still pondering
Cerebrating
Lucubrating
Self-inquiring

In drug dreams dreary
I've walked among the dead
I felt more welcomed there
Than I do here

Don't admire this
No admonishments
There's no beauty here
Death is not a doorway
Just a prison cell

Erudition
Navigation
Lost among gales

Across tides
Pitch as black
Circumnavigating Hell

Depressed here
And thusly here
I spun a gossamer shell

One day to emerge
And gorge upon myself

No comments:

Post a Comment